Become a Leader in Shariah Risk Management
The Islamic Enterprise Risk Manager (ERMi®) certification is a world-first training program that translates the principles of Shariah to Enterprise Risk Management in a practical, actionable way. The program is designed and taught by experienced risk practitioners well-versed in the needs specific to Islamic culture, institutions, and markets, with the aim of cultivating ERM best practices in risk professionals who operate within Islamic contexts.
As a certified Islamic Enterprise Risk Manager, not only will you be skilled in Shariah risk and Shariah non-compliance within your organisation, you will also be well-equipped to guide your organisation in a strategic manner through ERM best practices.
Register for individual modules or enrol in the full certification program. To become fully certified, participants will have 3 years to complete all training modules.
1. Application Of Shariah In Finance
2. Islamic Financial Markets and Products
3. Islamic Risk Management and Islamic ERM
Only applicable to those seeking a full certification. There are no eligibility requirements for individual modules.
A degree-holder (or its equivalent, and above) with at least 3 years relevant working experience OR a non-degree holder with at least 10 years relevant working experience.
- Internal Audit and Assurance professionals
- C-Level executives and head of departments who are decision-makers in their organisations
- Risk management professionals
- Non-risk management professionals working in Corporate Planning, Strategy, Governance, Compliance, Operations, Investment, Treasury, Product Development, Regulators, Legal, Quality, Environmental Health & Safety, Project Management, Insurance, Underwriting, and other related areas.
To become fully certified, participants will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Attendance and participation in class
- Multiple choice examination
- Case study
Who are the instructors?
All our faculties are practitioners with relevant Islamic risk management and BCM experience, averaging over 30 years of working experience each and with most of their last positions being C-Level executives in large national and multi-national corporations. Some hold Board Directorships and chair Board Committees such as Board Risk, Board Audit, and Board Investment Committees.
How many modules are there in this programme?
11 modules over 12 days
What is the time limit for me to finish this programme if I can’t attend all the modules within one year?
Maximum 3 years
Can I attend the certification program in other country?
Yes, however, you will have to pay whatever fee applicable in that country. And you will have to pay the travel, accommodation and subsistence yourself.
What will I get after taking this certification course?
- Enhances your professional credibility
- Gives you confidence that you have “passed through the chairs” and proof of ability
- Extends your knowledge and skills, preparing you for more job responsibilities
- Enriches self-image and reputation among peers
- Improves career opportunities-promotion, pay increases, job portability
- Establishes you as a continuous learner who believes in continuous professional development
- Gives you an edge over your competition in the eye of your potential employers
- Plugs you into a new network of like-minded risk professionals “club”
In addition, you will receive instant recognition that you have achieved the minimum standard of competency as a certified and qualified enterprise risk manager. Organizations have also started approaching the Institute to source for risk managers – which is one of the services that the Institute offers to corporate members of the Institute.